Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 8.1.12 with JDK11

If you are doing this work, use Jetty 9.4.20.v20190813, not 9.4.18. (and stay current)

1) we are using  org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncContinuation.

Starting in Servlet 3.0 (Jetty 8.1.x) you should have transitioned to using the standard async techniques.

Look at javax.servlet.AsyncContext and switch to using it.
The methods names should seem familiar.

See https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/servlet/AsyncContext.html

While the continuation classes are still present in Jetty 9.4.x they are deprecated and fully removed in Jetty 10.0.x

https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.20.v20190813/jetty-continuation/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/continuation/Continuation.java#L140-L143

2) We are using AbstractHttpConnection.   specifically AbstractHttpConnection.getCurrentConnection() method.
4) we are using connector.getConnection() method.

Accessing the Connection is a strong anti-pattern.
Why are you doing this?

3) We are using org.eclipse.jetty.security.MappedLoginService which is not present in Jetty 9.4.18.

The entire security layer was refactored in Jetty 9.x
What specific feature of MappedLoginService were you using?
Based on your answer we can point you to the correct code.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx