Re: [jetty-users] javax.mail in webapp

Assuming you are using jetty via the distribution, the better thing to do is to make your own module that uses the javax.mail of your choice. Take a look at this issue: https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/2960, particularly links to other issues where I describe how to make and use your own module.

You are correct that the change you have made, as it was in the webapps context xml file will not affect other applications.

Jan