Re: [jetty-users] Is there a way to get SSLHandshakeException on certificate error from Jetty client?

Thanks, for taking a look.

I was using JDK 1.8 on macOS 10.14.5 at the time.

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_212"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_212-b03)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.212-b03, mixed mode)

I've tried Correto version of 1.8 as well, but got same result.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 11:35 PM Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:12 AM Yuta Higuchi <yuta.higuchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to properly handle error using jetty client
> and I'm facing an issue that I cannot get the root cause
> when the error is caused by certificate error.
>
> Small reproducer code:
> https://gist.github.com/YutaHiguchi-bsn/c76dfd60ac4c2c711fcaddbf6b267f3b
>
> Expectation was, Throwable I can get from the listener will be
> SSLHandshakeException, etc.
> but instead I am getting error as early EOFException.
>
> So from the client code, I cannot know that it was certificate issue.
>
> Is there proper way to get information about the root cause?
>
> I'm currently using jetty-client 9.4.18.v20190429

I tried your reproducer and it works for me, yielding correctly the
SslHandshakeException.
JDK version?

--
Simone Bordet