[jetty-users] Accessing HTTP Request object in custom login module...

Is it possible to access the current session object in a custom login module?  Application Servers such as Weblogic and WebSphere allow you to get the HttpServletRequest using a callback and with JBoss/WildFly you can access it using the PolicyContext class.

Does anyone know how I can access the HttpServletRequest in a custom JAAS Login Module?  What I'm trying to do is save the current username and group (role) to my session so that the UI code can see the current username and more importantly, the group(s) associated with the authenticated user.

Any other methods for communicating the role info just retrieved from LDAP (via the login module) to the UI code is appreciated.

Stuart Connall

Eagle Creek Software Services

Principal Consultant

(617) 216-3722

(800) 225-0770 x319

sconnall@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The content of this email is confidential. It is intended only for the use of the persons named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top