[jetty-users] Question for JDBC JNDI look up issue

Hi Team,

I’m not sure if I’m mailing the correct alias but I’ve a question about Jetty usage.

I’m currently trying to build up applications based on standalone Jetty and have a requirement that, some of the server services need be started before the war applications are deployed and started to provide general services for the deployed applications.

I tried to create a class which inherits “org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle” with annotation “@ManagedObject”, and also, it is injected by adding definitions into jetty.xml like below:

    <Call name="addManaged">

      <Arg>

        <New class="oraclel.ocsg.jetty.trial.MyAbstractLifeCycle"/>

      </Arg>

    </Call>

And, within the class, I need get access to the JDBC connection data source. I checked the document and found that, for applications, it is required to add the jdbc resource reference into the web.xml. While for my case, I don’t know how to get the data source. I tried to lookup JNDI in the MyAbstractLifeCycle class I created, but it failed.

Below is my JDBC connection pool definition in the jetty.xml:

    <New id="DSTest" class="org.eclipse.jetty.plus.jndi.Resource">

     <Arg></Arg>

     <Arg>jdbc/DSTest</Arg>

     <Arg>

        <New class="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource">

           <Set name="Url">jdbc:mysql://10.182.12.146:3306/linren</Set>

           <Set name="User">ocsgtest</Set>

           <Set name="Password">123456</Set>

        </New>

     </Arg>

    </New>

Can anyone tell me how to get the JDBC connection from the inherited class MyAbstractLifeCycle?

Thanks!

Lin

Back to the top