Re: [jetty-users] Change Solr/Jetty "root context” (default) contextPath =“/“ ?

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 7:06 AM, matthew grisius
<matthew.grisius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Simone,
>
> What I meant to say was Solr is deployed to “/solr” and is then mapped to
> “/“, e.g. http://localhost:8983/ gets mapped to
> http://localhost:8983/solr/#.
> My apology for the confusion, I was cutting-n-pasting from another message
> and reversed the sense by accident.
> I can add static content, add other servlets (java, clojure), etc.
> I want to put a different servlet at “/“ while preserving Solr functionality
> at “/solr”.
> My unsuccessful attempts included:
>
> - edit contexts/solr-jetty-context.xml (contextPath, add resourceBase, etc.)
> - unmap solr rewrite rule to pass thru . . .
> - edit other '/contexts/' . . .
> - edit etc/webdefault.xml . . .
> - bin/solr does not appear to affect "/"
> - org.apache.solr.util.SolrCLI does not appear to affect "/"
>
> Perhaps I’m not trying the right combination of things in the right order to
> solve the issue, but I’ve run out of simple ideas to try.
> This is my first project using Jetty so I am not familiar with any
> idiosyncrosies . . .

Try to edit $solr/server/etc/jetty.xml.
In there you will find a RewriteHandler definition:

<New id="RewriteHandler" ...

You should try to comment that out, and also comment out a few lines
below where the RewriteHandler is referenced in the handler collection
structure.

Try again with this rewrite handler removed, and let us know.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top