Re: [jetty-users] Connecting to Jetty 9.3.8 http2 connector without ALPN

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Fabian Lange <lange.fabian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Simone,
>> sorry, was using digest mode, so reply is not in thread :-(
>>
>>> Do I understand correctly that you want the client to connect to the
>>> server *knowing* that on that port the server will speak HTTP/2 ?
>>> You don't want to do any protocol negotiation, you just want to hit
>>> the server with h2 (i.e. TLS+HTTP/2), no fallbacks, no other protocols
>>> spoken by the server. Correct ?
>>
>> Yes exactly. I somehow fail to provide that in the client, it always
>> goes to the 1.1 fallback on the server side.
>> Is that actually possible in the server? Or do I need to configure a
>> http2 only connector for that?
>
> The server can certainly speak TLS+HTTP/2 only.
> Not sure about the client... I have not tried.
>
> I'll whip up a test case and point you to it in a few hours.

Ok, so there is a workaround to make it work, it's a bit cumbersome though.
I filed https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/441 to make it simpler.
Instructions in the issue.
Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks !