Re: [jetty-users] How to turn off Transfer-Encoding: Chunked when sending with jetty client

Greg Wilkins wrote
> Connection:close cannot be used to delineate the content of a request (as
> it can be for a response), because some infrastructure does not well
> support half closed connections - thus the RFC explicitly disallows this.

Thanks for clearing this one out for me. There it is at at index number 6 on
RFC 7230  http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7230.html#message.body.length
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7230.html#message.body.length>  . I
guess the comments in the source code were back from the day of RFC 2616.

HTTP/1.0 suggested earlier doesn't sound appealing, but at least that's
still a sort of an option. I am sending text/event-stream with the jetty
client so the chunking sort of caught my eye.

PS. You asked uses cases couple a months back at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30904782/use-cases-for-reactive-streams-using-java-9-flows-in-servlets
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30904782/use-cases-for-reactive-streams-using-java-9-flows-in-servlets>
and plain old SSE processing could be one. The servlet jetty provides for
SSE seems a bit outdated now that I saw what you've playing with.

--
Tuomas Kiviaho