Re: [jetty-users] How to turn off Transfer-Encoding: Chunked when sending with jetty client

Connection:close cannot be used to delineate the content of a request (as it can be for a response), because some infrastructure does not well support half closed connections - thus the RFC explicitly disallows this.

So content-length is the only way to avoid chunking in a request.