Re: [jetty-users] Jetty Server Migration from 5.1.1 to Jetty 9

Am 03.08.2015 um 17:35 schrieb Arun Kumar:

> Thanks for the reply.  But the main issue I'm facing is unable
> to replace the package "org.mortbay.html ". The existing code
> using classes from html package.
> Could you please help to find out these html classes in Jetty 9.
> Any alternative on this.

You can't. There were major changes in the way a server is set
up in Jetty 7 and another set of changes in Jetty 9. E.g. the
way listeners were set up changed completely, as well some methods
to set up Webapplications were removed and or changed.

Finding out the differences can be done by comparing the
configuration-XMLs for the different releases since they
are essentially class-instantiations and method-calls
put into XML. Sometimes it's essentially the same XML
with changed package-names, sometimes it's something
completely different.

Take the old config-file to e.g. set up a listener and compare it
to the block, doing the same in the newer release. That's
how I did it when I had the same tasks quite some years ago.

You can search for mails by me in this list since I started
some threads during that process for some particular topics
I was stuck with. Maybe that also helps.

Cheers, Lothar

Back to the top