[jetty-users] Persistent queue for rejected HTTP requests

Hi there,

We use Jetty for REST communication between different services of our micro-service deployment. The nature of our app is that it gets spikes of traffic that overload the system but then subside. I would like to change our REST API servers to return a throttle limit violation error, e.g. HTTP code 429, and have Jetty HTTP client retry rejected requests later.

During traffic spikes we can get several million of requests backed up. Since backlog is so big we need to spill it on disk. Does anybody know of a way to configure Jetty or some other solution that would allow us to queue rejected HTTP requests on disk and replay them later?

Thanks,

Alec

Back to the top