Re: [jetty-users] Integrating ActiveMQ with Jetty 9.1 for websocket support

Hi Anqing,

I'm playing with that idea as well.
If you are fine with pulling in the Spring Framework as a dependency, a lot of the work is already done for you.

It uses the JSR 356 API which Jetty implements and allows you to route the STOMP messages to your own broker.
It also implements a SockJS Server which provides fallbacks for browsers that don't implement websockets, e.g. long polling. This happens transparently to you.

Here is a high level overview of what Spring provides:
http://assets.spring.io/wp/WebSocketBlogPost.html

Here is a link to the complete webinar. It also talks about plugging in a full featured message broker like ActiveMQ.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mmIza3L64Ic

Here is a link to the sample application using STOMP over Websockets support. It uses Jetty or Tomcat.
https://github.com/rstoyanchev/spring-websocket-portfolio

I hope those pointers help a little. :)

Best regards,
Thomas