Re: [jetty-users] Sending Http requests over Spdy

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Nicholas Lun <nlun@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, I swapped the server connector for a HTTPSPDYServerConnector. It finds
> the connection but eventually times out and sends back a 400 bad message.
> From the log snippets below I'm assuming that the npnconnector is selecting
> http/1.1 when in fact should be selecting a version of spdy?

All right I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

If you setup HttpClient to speak SPDY, it will speak SPDY only.
Currently HttpClient setup in that way does not negotiate the protocol
via NPN because it can only speak SPDY.
Since it does not send the the NPN extension via TLS, the server
assumes HTTP/1.1, which is obviously wrong, as the client speaks SPDY.
That's why you get 400 Bad Message.

Currently, there is no implementation of a transport that sends the
NPN extension to the server, and then configures the negotiated
transport based on the NPN negotiation.
Do you need this feature, or you can live with a non-negotiating HttpClient ?

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top