Re: [jetty-users] Specify packages to scan for annotations during startup

Hi Robert,

So you're saying that these annotated classes are within a
real/virtual WEB-INF/classes and the problem is that the scanner is
scanning all of your classes and you'd like to cut down the scan time?
Or are you saying these classes live outside of WEB-INF/classes and
you'd like to somehow have them included for scanning?

At the moment there is no way to make the scanning of WEB-INF/classes
any more fine grained - you might like to open a bugzilla for that as
an enhancement request. For the other issue, jetty-9.0.6 onwards will
have a mechanism that ensures class dirs that are set as
WebAppContext.setExtraClasspath() will be considered for scanning *as
if* they are in WEB-INF/classes (jars on the extraclasspath will also
be scanned and participate in pattern matching with
org.eclipse.jetty.server.webapp.WebInfIncludeJarPattern *as if* they
are in WEB-INF/lib).

cheers
Jan