Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.0.4 issue (also in 9.0.5-SNAPSHOT) with Spring MVC Async (test provided)

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM, David Harrigan <dharrigan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Following the advice from Rossen from Spring, I've applied a Filter and overrid the getOutputStream to throw an exception. When I ran the project, no exception was thrown but the error was still produced. I've updated the JIRA ticket in Spring and also the bugzilla report with the latest findings.

For what it's worth the Spring Framework calls request.startAsync(req, res) with the current (wrapped) request and response. Then when async processing is finished, a call to asyncContext.dispatch() is made to complete servlet response processing. That means the wrapped response should be getting used throughout and the Filter wrapping the response should have revealed any application code doing so.

The only other option I can think of is that something else is calling getOutputStream() directly on the original response. Perhaps some code internal to Jetty?

Rossen

Back to the top