Re: [jetty-users] NAT with HTTP 1.0 returns internal IP address

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM, martijn.list <martijn.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like the implementation of ServletRequest#getServerName() fallsback
> to using  InetAddress#getLocalHost() if the Location header of the request
> is not set. What I would like is to override what's being returned by
> ServletRequest#getServerName() if the Location header is not set (i.e.,
> allow me to override the default return of the local IP address). I think
> this is needed since a lot of Java web frameworks use
> ServletRequest#getServerName() for generating a redirect URL.
>
> For example Tomcat allows you to set a proxyName parameter on the connector:
>
> "proxyName: If this Connector is being used in a proxy configuration,
> configure this attribute to specify the server name to be returned for calls
> to request.getServerName(). See Proxy Support for more information."
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html

For the record, this is now available out of the box in Jetty 9 using
a HostHeaderCustomizer, see
http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-server/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/server/HostHeaderCustomizer.java.

Will be in 9.0.4.

--