[jetty-users] Problem with: SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify

Hi,

This is a follow up to a problem I was having with cross origin requests - thought I'd start a new thread since I've updated to jetty v7.6.9. I've added the required filter as described here:

    http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Cross_Origin_Filter

and it works great from firefox desktop v17+. I'm running the same code from a UIWebView on ios6, and I can't get a valid response. My jetty logs show the following when the ios UIWebView client tries to connect:

    WARN:oeji.nio:javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?

My clients are indeed using ssl. But it seems as if UIWebView is handling it correctly. If I switch to http, everything is fine.

Not sure what I can do here if it's a problem with UIWebView - like I said, the firefox desktop client works fine, as does a native client implementation I've built for android,

Thank you

Back to the top