[jetty-users] Leaking Java heap and native memory

Hello,

My group is working to use Jetty embedded in eclipse to support a new
communication infrastructure for an existing test execution and control
product.  We are currently using 8.1.1.v20120215.  For each "test execution
launch" we are seeing a leak of 3-10MB Java heap with a corresponding 3x
leak of what appears to be native memory as viewed by Memory Usage in Task
Manager.  We are using the IBM Java 7 JVM.

A heap dump analysis of the Java leak indicates two additional
IndirectNIOBuffer instances per launch.

Could this leak be caused by mis-configuration on our part or some bad
practice in our servlet programming?

Thanks,
Kevin

Back to the top