[jetty-users] Fail to include WebSocket support in Jetty 7.5 and 8

Hi,

I have a web-app with a servlet that extends WebSocketServlet. Running this web app in an embedded Jetty works fine but when I deploy the war-file on a Jetty distribution (latest 7.5 or 8.0) I get a NoClassDefFoundError when the war-file is loaded.

I've looked for solution on this, like including the the web socket jar-file as an extra classpath in the jetty-web.xml, but with no success. I've also made sure that I start Jetty with websocket in the OPTIONS line with the same result.

Any tips on how to enable Web Sockets support in Jetty for all web-apps?

Thanks!

// Erik

Back to the top