Re: [jetty-users] Separate log4j configuration file for each deployed webapp...

We use a Log4jConfigListener from the Spring framework, with the following configuration in our web.xml.  We use Maven to replace the variable with a specific folder when we’re packaging the WAR.  Note that this gives us hot redeployment of the Log4J configuration, which is really great for development.  Even if you don’t use Spring, you might be able to get some ideas from the source code.

<context-param>

      <param-name>log4jConfigLocation</param-name>

<param-value>file:${log4j.config.folder}/log4j.xml</param-value>

</context-param>

<context-param>

      <param-name>log4jRefreshInterval</param-name>

      <param-value>10000</param-value>

</context-param>

<listener>

      <listener-class>org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener</listener-class>

</listener>