[jetty-users] Help with QoSFilter

Hi,

I'm trying to do some load-testing with QoSFilter, and I've come across some unexpected behavior. I'm a bit new to Jetty, so I hope I'm doing everything right.

I've added the filter by adding the following to the contexts/test.d/override-web.xml file in the Jetty distribution:
  <filter>
    <filter-name>QoSFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.QoSFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>maxRequests></param-name>
      <param-value>10</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>QoSFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

I then run the ab tool from Apache on the URL: http://localhost:8080/
When running with a low number of concurrent requests, everything worked as expected, but whenever I'd set the number of concurrent requests to 23 or so, the server would hang, and stop responding to any further requests.

Could you tell me if this is a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Haggai Eran

Back to the top