[jetty-users] Restart .war after overwrite if jetty already running?

Hi,

If we overwrite a .war file in the /webapp folder while jetty is running, should it be served up immediately? Example:

    /jetty
      /webapp
        foo.war

If I overwrite foo.war while it's running, I can see the server spit out all my startup logs again. But the content served is still from the old previous version of foo.war.

For example, I modified some text in a plain html file. After the overwrite, and a browser refresh, the old content is still being served. If I restart the server manually, I can see the new content served.

Is it possible to have jetty auto-restart the overwritten .war file? It seems like it's trying to or almost there, maybe I'm missing some startup param to finish it off?

Thanks

Back to the top