Re: [jetty-users] Jetty vs ModPerl : Unexpected results on a 24 cores server

I can't point to anything specific.  Looks for talks and papers by both
Cliff Click and Guy Steele.  In particular, you might want to check out
the work by Cliff and folks on the Managed Runtime Initiative[1] which
attempts to get some finer memory/locking constructs built in to both
the OS and the ultimately the hardware.

[1] http://www.managedruntime.org/