Re: [jetty-users] New user best practice: getting started w/ spring

David,

Jetty 7 is definitely considered stable. As Jetty 7 (core components) is an Eclipse Foundation project, you should trust the Eclipse designation, while the information on Codehaus site is outdated. For information about Jetty 7 you should refer to the Jetty Eclipse web site at http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/, and the documentation at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty.

As far as the startup process goes, it is documented at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Start.jar, while web application deployment is documented at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Deploy_Web_Applications, so if you already build a WAR file for your project, you should be able to get your application running in no time.

Regards,
- Michael