[jetty-users] Jetty 7 and JMX Console JConsole help

Changed subject.

Any idea? Anyone?

Don Santillan wrote:
Hello,

I've been struggling making JMX using JConsole to connect to a remote Jetty 7 server.

I was able to do a successful connection to a local server but not to a remote one.
My Jetty on the remote server comes from a fresh installation.

Can anybody tell me the trick how to make this work?

Here's what I did so far:
1. In start.ini, I uncommented -exec and -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
2. Running /etc/init.d/jetty start, I can see -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote set from ps aux | grep java. 3. Run JConsole and connect to remote url using the service:jmx:rmi://remote.hostname.com/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jettyjmx

-don

Back to the top