Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 7.0.2 Invoker issue

Tony,

I tested the Invoker servlet with jetty-7 trunk and couldn't reproduce
a problem. Let me describe what I did. I uncommented the Invoker servlet
in etc/web-defaults.xml, and then commented out the definition of the
HelloWorld servlet from webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml. Hitting localhost:8080/test/servlet/com.acme.HelloWorld worked properly. Note
that the web.xml defines a number of filters at /*.

Can you try doing the same and see if it works? If it does I suspect
the filters ...

cheers
Jan

Tony Thompson wrote:
I still have this issue and one other with the 7.0.2 code that I have not heard anything about. Any chance someone can help me figure out if this is just me or if the Jetty code can be fixed?

Thanks
Tony

Tony Thompson wrote:
Some additional information...if I remove all of the filters from the context, the servlet works fine. If I add even one filter back, it behaves the way I described below.

Tony

Tony Thompson wrote:
I am using the dynamic servlet Invoker (org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.Invoker) and I have issues with a non-mapped servlet. The first time I request the servlet, Invoker finds and executes it. The second and subsequent times I request the servlet, I get a 404. I have tracked it down to this are in the Invoker code:

String path_info = (String)request.getAttribute(Dispatcher.INCLUDE_PATH_INFO); <--- This is always null for every request
        if (path_info==null)
path_info=request.getPathInfo(); <--- on second and subsequent requests, this is null as well and obviously shouldn't be. // Get the servlet class
        String servlet = path_info;
        if (servlet==null || servlet.length()<=1 )
        {
            response.sendError(404);
            return;
        }

If I create a mapping for this servlet and use the mapping, it works every time.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Tony
may be monitored.