[jersey-dev] ssl server experiencing CLOSE_WAIT pileup

Hi all,

I've seeing a CLOSE_WAIT pile up on my server that ultimately causes the server to become completely unresponsive until we either kill the CLOSE_WAIT sockets with ss or restart the application.

I found this reference to a stack overflow issue that said (essentially) there's an issue in the JSSE SSL implementation that can cause this problem on a regular basis:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/7934503/581966

Does anyone know if there's a thing I need to do on my (trivially configured) jersey ssl service to ensure that when clients send a FIN on a connection, the server actually closes the connection on his end?

Thanks,
John

Back to the top