Von: jersey-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jersey-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Im Auftrag von Jan Supol
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2019 17:25
An: jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [jersey-dev] Package name jakarta.ws.rs in branch JAXRS_2_2

Hi Markus,

Jersey 3.0 is what we need to start to work on. Jakarta REST API road
map discussion has started 2 weeks ago and it was not concluded yet, so
it is not clear when the Jakarta REST API should be released. It does
not look to be very soon:

- New Specification Document needs to be created

- The TCK needs to be fixed to use the renamed package - but should it
use renamed Servlet package, too? How about the other APIs (JSON-P, -B,
CDI...)

The work on Jersey currently has a priority on 2.x branch, the plan is
to release 2.29.2 (Nov-Dec) first.

Jersey uses at least 11 APIs from EE4J. So if we are to release Jersey
3.0, it would be good if 3.1 remains compatible with it. But if the APIs
will change the package name in between, it won't be compatible. So I am
inclined not to be too much in a hurry with the 3.x release before we
hear what the API projects do. But I do not think all the projects
already made the decision to do the big bang renaming. Maybe we will
need to sacrifice the compatibility among 3.x branch anyway, but the
more it will be compatible the better.

Definitely, I would want to start working on 3.x before Christmas. Maybe
the community will be faster.

Thanks,

Jan