AW: [jdt-ui-dev] Refactoring: Any plans for a Lint like tool (...a tool to identify bad code smells...)?

Hi Martin,

I know of such a checkstyle tool, well if it might be the same one, which is
also available as a JBuilder plugin. However, what I meant here is more a
lint like tool which works tightly coupled in conjunction with the
refactorings. E.g. if the lint like tool detects some bad code smell it
supports, it would also offer an auto refactoring for that. Similar like an
already build in Eclipse feature, which offers you some sort of auto fixing
feature.

I didn't meant a usual syntax style lint tool, like those modern derivats of
the old Unix K&R C-Lint's or the stuff which the gnu c++/c/obj-c compiler
has directly build in.

Anybody who has done some Smalltalk coding in the pasts and had also used
the Smalltalk Refactoring Browser, might possibly know here what I meant.

Greetings

-Valentino