RE: [jdt-ui-dev] Refactoring: Any plans for a Lint like tool (...a tool to identify bad code smells...)?

There's nothing wrong with using ANTLR for a tool like this ;)

(I used to work for Terence Parr, its creator, and I'm looking at porting my
ANTLR debugger, ParseView, to Eclipse at some point ;)

Sure, someone could write a tool that uses the Java AST support in Eclipse,
but then that tool would only be useful inside Eclipse. Some fo the tools
like this I've seen (javacheck, for example, and the auditing tools in
Instantiations' CodePro Studio) target other environments, and decide to use
other tools like ANTLR.

Of course, one could make the argument that Eclipse reinvents several
wheels. Even so, where's the inherent harm?
-- Scott

Scott Stanchfield    scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx    http://javadude.com

Lead author of "Effective VisualAge for Java, Version 3"
                                      http://javadude.com/evaj

VisualAge for Java Tips and Tricks     http://javadude.com/vaj
Visit for Java Enlightenment!             http://www.jguru.com