AW: [jdt-ui-dev] Refactoring: another question about refactoring, this time related to heterogenous sources...?

Dirk,

that sounds good, so the basic refactoring infrastructure is not language
dependent and might can be reused for other languages too. I hoped something
like this, since I can imagine that the CDT (C/C++ IDE) and other Eclipse
language projects sure also want to make use of the JDT refactoring
infrastructure.

Where you said "...Your plan is to move the Java independent part of
refactoring out of JDT..." I believe you meant *your OTI plan* and not *my
plan*, right? I mean it wouldn't make much sense, if I for myself would try
to do this restructuring and a later Eclipse version >2.1 would have this
too changed, but in a completely different way and structure. This would for
sure make such restructuring efforts from my side obsolete and no longer
working.

Greetings

Valentino

Auftrag > von Dirk Baeumer
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2002 09:57
> An: jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Refactoring: another question about refactoring,
this
> time related to heterogenous sources...?
>

> Valentino,
>
> although refactoring is living in the JDT land, it is not bound to Java.
All the
> core concepts like IRefactoring, Refactoring, IChange, TextBuffer and the
> whole user interface are Java independent and therefore can be used with
> other programming languages as well. This is already the case: if you look
> at externalize strings, which is implemented as a refactoring, you notice
that
> we change normal text files (*. properties files) as well.
>
> JDT specific parts are currently the refactorings, the AST and the
AST-rewriting.