Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Refactoring: another question about refactoring, this time related to heterogenous sources...?

Valentino,

although refactoring is living in the JDT land, it is not bound to Java. All the
core concepts like IRefactoring, Refactoring, IChange, TextBuffer and the
whole user interface are Java independent and therefore can be used with
other programming languages as well. This is already the case: if you look
at externalize strings, which is implemented as a refactoring, you notice that
we change normal text files (*. properties files) as well.

JDT specific parts are currently the refactorings, the AST and the AST-rewriting.

Your plan is to move the Java independent part of refactoring out of JDT
so that is can be used by other plug-ins as well. But it will not happen for
2.1.

HTH

Dirk

"Valentino Kyriakides" <vkyriakides@xxxxxx>