AW: AW: [platform-ui-dev] RE: [jdt-ui-dev] Hyperlinked code feature in M3

In the meantime I did some progress in determining, where the prebuild
Eclipse API javadocs may reside and how to possibly set them up for access.
I detected the following two places in the Eclipse M3 plugins directory for
API javadocs:

1. org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv_2.1.0/doc.zip

   Inside the doc.zip archive there is a "reference\api" folder
   which contains javadocs.

2. org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv_2.1.0/doc.zip

   Inside the doc.zip archive there is a "reference\api" folder
   which doesn't contain any javadocs?

The IMO bad thing here is AFAI can see, that for every new java/plugin
project, I would have now always again and again to setup the javadoc
locations for the individual needed own Eclipse jars under the jars
preference page. This looks like a boring repetitive task for different
projects. Or did I missed some point/feature setup here?

Wouldn't it make more sense, if Eclipse would at least have some knowledge
about predefined javadoc locations for it's own accompanied and needed API
libraries? This way a Shift-F2 would be able to present Eclipse's own API
javadocs right out of the box in it's help system. Does something here
prevent (speak against) such a more user friendly approach?

-Valentino