Re: [jdt-dev] Telling GitHub to rebuild, rebase, ...

Ed,

Entering "github edit file" into a famous web search engine has the first hit at:

https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/working-with-files/managing-files/editing-files

it gives an exhaustive documentation (as with most github stuff) explaining all the details for anyone who really wants to know these.

So I can only assume that this "meta-question" was not a real question but more a "joke" so if one should not expect a real "helpful" answer, but in the context of the thread where each answer given (by me and others) always reveals new 'contradiction' it is just a logical consequence.

And yes, things are changing, if it is "better" is not me to decide, it is just different ... and as Mickael mentioned we should simply be open to other workflows than hunting for "the one and only" that is always only a snapshot of our current understanding and best-practice changes every day.

So if there is a real problem to solve, we should solve it, if it is just because it was different in the past it might be better to accept that things are changing over time and make the best out of it.