Re: [jdt-dev] Content Assist stays empty

> On Oct 7, 2020, at 15:25, Noopur Gupta <noopur_gupta@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I haven't seen this in the Eclipse SDK but here's a bug report from STS: Bug 566617.

Thanks for the link! This seems to be a different one. Ours worked fine then it stopped forever until restarting Eclipse.

> Any investigation on which additional plug-ins or settings cause this would be welcome.

I traced it down to Takari Incremental build for Maven. Somehow M2E was loading this extension. It installs a SecurityManager into the JVM. This was causing a SecurityException deep down the stack for lacking permission to access the Equinox Log service.

I think the problem is that this exception was never surfaced anywhere - neither in the log nor on System.out/err.

-Gunnar

Back to the top