Re: [jdt-dev] 4.9-P-builds update site not available again

> Gunnar, I fail to find the patches for Java 11 in the link you provided. This is what is interesting to me, not the base 4.9 version.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for the 4.9 drops.

I believe the branch for the JDT 4.9 Java 11 work is this one:
https://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core.git/?h=BETA_JAVA11

Do you know which P2018... version you are looking for? If you have a specific tag you should also be able to retrieve the source as everything is properly tagged.

> However I don't always understand the logic of when to remove things. Why would a patch to support Java 8 on Eclipse 4.3 be still available today [1] but not a patch to support Java 11 on 4.9?

It's a decision a project team does. It's uncommon to use archive.eclipse.org for beta artifacts, though. It's only intended for things that should be persisted forever - like releases. I believe no-one thought a beta patch feature would be critical to keep around.

-Gunnar

Back to the top