Re: [jdt-dev] A matter of style: loops vs. streams and - gasp - braces

On 30.09.19 22:31, Mateusz Matela wrote:
Even though it looks like the discussion has concluded, I'd like to throw in my two cents for the loosing side :)

Mateusz, I much appreciate your comment as our formatter expert, i.e., as a person who certainly cares a lot about code readability.

I knew beforehand that this is not only a highly controversial issue, but also an issue where conversion of a person from one side of the issue to the other has rarely been observed, if ever. Remember emacs vs vi debates? :)

The only reason I unearthed this old debate was the idea that comparison with the functional style since Java 8 could shed a new light on this, but that part didn't stimulate a lot of insights, so ...

... let's simply agree on not agreeing and get back to work :)
Stephan

Back to the top