[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [jdt-dev] Accidental push -- branch policy?

OK. So, you might as well try to delete the branch.

Dani



From:        Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        23.04.2019 15:36
Subject:        Re: [jdt-dev] Accidental push -- branch policy?
Sent by:        jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx




Hi Dani,

No, gerrit was not involved.

Stephan

On 23.04.19 14:37, Daniel Megert wrote:
> Hi Stephan
>
> Did you merge it via Gerrit? Looks like this/Gerrit is not respecting the hooks.
> In that case, maybe you can delete the branch via Gerrit?
>
> Dani
>
>
>
> From: Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 23.04.2019 13:10
> Subject: [jdt-dev] Accidental push -- branch policy?
> Sent by: jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Hi team,
>
> In an attempt to push a change from one local machine ("luna") to another I
> accidentally created branch Bug_546352_luna on *remote* (nothing related to
> Eclipse Luna! :) ).
>
> Please ignore, or if s.o. has the powers to do so, feel free to remove that branch.
>
> This lets me ask: I seem to recall that committers have permission to create
> branches only below their username prefix (like sherrmann/NewTypeInference).
> Is this rule no longer in effect? If so, I need to be more careful when pushing
> branches back and fro :-/
>
> sorry for the confusion,
> Stephan
> _______________________________________________
> jdt-dev mailing list
> jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit
>
https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-dev
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> jdt-dev mailing list
> jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
>
https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-dev
>

_______________________________________________
jdt-dev mailing list
jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-dev