Re: [jdt-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? Generalize JUnit view

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:23 PM Christian Pontesegger <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:
As JDT and probably CDT are the biggest spread language toolkits in
eclipse, I do see these projects in a lead position for the whole
Eclipse IDE.

Recent additions like the Generic Editor demonstrated that a new generic approach can be successful, even if JDT and CDT are not the first ones to adopt it.
The plain truth is that those older projects have the biggest legacy and the less likely to take the risks that come with innovation; while many other projects have more flexibility and can adopt those things as they are produced.

What I do like to avoid is to provide the 6th (at least to my
knowledge) fork of the JUnit view. I am not up to provide and support
Yet Another Unit View, we already have far too many of them.

In the end, you're writing "Yet Another Unit View", it just need to be generic and good enough to be the last one. And I think we're all open to that.

Back to the top