Re: [jdt-dev] Removing Java 11 marketplace solution and update site

Hi Philippe

> We are not ready to move to a newer Eclipse version yet because of some trouble compiling our software with 2018-12 and 2019-03.

What's the problem? Did you open a bug report or is it an issue on your side?

Dani

From:        "Philippe Cadé" <philippe.cade@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse JDT general developers list." <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        27.03.2019 13:05
Subject:        Re: [jdt-dev] Removing Java 11 marketplace solution and update site
Sent by:        jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Jay,

This is now a problem for us. We are still on Eclipse 2018-09 and we were using the https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.9-P-buildsupdate site to add Java 11 support.

We are not ready to move to a newer Eclipse version yet because of some trouble compiling our software with 2018-12 and 2019-03.

Since Java 11 is a LTS, wouldn't it make sense to keep it around? Or can we get Java 11 support for 2018-09 from another source?

Thanks
Philippe