Re: [jdt-dev] Compiler in latest few nightly builds

On 02.10.2018 13:04, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 1:02 PM Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 02.10.2018 11:24, Vikas Chandra wrote:
     > Perhaps https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/130311/will suffice !

    That's a viable workaround for now.

    For long term I just filed https://bugs.eclipse.org/539720
    Please join me there :)

    Stephan

    PS: It's been a while since last we had zero failures in JDT tests,
    which opens the doors for regressions to go unnoticed for some time.
    At which failures are we blocked by issues beyond our powers?
    (I know of at least one encoding issue which only occurs on some
    test machine(s)).
    Do we have an umbrella bug for all known (intermittent?) failures?

Let's not hijack the thread.

I was asking the team. I'm sure they can handle the difference between the
simple (but not trivial) issue of build warnings (https://bugs.eclipse.org/539720)
vs. the harder (but feasible) tasks of getting tests back on track.

After a quick search it seems that for JDT/Core the following captures
current failures: https://bugs.eclipse.org/528298 (is it complete?).
Will anyone join me in making this a priority, before we create new
regressions?

In JDT/UI the corresponding bug would be https://bugs.eclipse.org/537637
which is already scheduled for 4.10, good :)

JDT/Debug is clean, cool!

Stephan

Back to the top