Re: [jdt-dev] Reuse of JDT Java compiler

First question: It is not safe.

Second question: Yes

Third question: Ask a lawyer about that.

Internal code is subject to changes without any notice.

Olivier

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Martin Buechi"     |
|         |           <Martin.Buechi@choic|
|         |           emaker.com>         |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           jdt-dev-admin@eclips|
|         |           e.org               |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           03/10/03 10:31 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           jdt-dev             |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [jdt-dev] Reuse of JDT Java compiler                                                      |
  |                                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

All,

How safe is it to build my own compiler for a Java-like programming
language
on top of the JDT Java compiler given that most of its implementation is in
an internal package? Is the implementation of generics expected to trigger
major changes to the internal data structures?

Last but not least, is my reading of the Eclipse license correct in the
sense that I am allowed to do this and ship my product including the,
possibly modified JDT compiler, as a commercial product?

Regards,

Martin