Re: [jdt-dev] Extending Package Explorer capabilities

Bob,

there is currently no support to extend the the PackageExplorer (i.e., its
content provider) with additional file structures.
However, your files will show up in the PackageExplorer you can open them
and see their structure in your custom ContentOutline.

There draft 2.2 plan has a proposed item: Provide a general purpose
navigator.

--erich

             "Donovan, Bob"
             <bob.donovan@eds.
             Sent by:                  <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             jdt-dev-admin@ecl                                          cc
             ipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-dev] Extending Package
             02/20/2003 06:03          Explorer capabilities
             PM

             Please respond to
             jdt-dev@eclipse.o
                    rg

Hi,

I am writing a custom TextEditor and ContentOutliner for some proprietary
file types (non java). I would like to have the Package Explorer view, add
the structure of these file types to the content outline and the Package
Explorer under the specific propritary file. I can see, through the eclipse
Java Editor example, how to create the Editor and ContentOutliner, but I
can't figure out how to add my custom tree nodes to the Package Explorer
view. I realize that the Package Explorer is a part of the JDT and is
focused on Java File structure. But I would like to extend it to include my
files types, especially since I want to take advance of the fact that the
projects I am trying to support will also include Java files.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes, can you point me to an
example? If not, then do I need to write my own Package Explorer type view.
Do you have any suggestions for guidance?

Thanks
Bob

Back to the top