[jdt-dev] Patterns (GoF, Core J2EE etc)

Hi,

Are there any plans to add pattern functionality to the JDT UI, I.e. the
ability to for example right click on a class and go to patterns -> Make
Singleton, and have the UI make the constructor private, add an _instance
field and a getInstance method.

I recall that a couple of years ago when I was working elsewhere they had
TogetherJ licenses and that app had reasonable pattern support, which really
was invaluable.

I downloaded the Pattern Support for Eclipse plug-in, but it didn't quite
cut the mustard, so thought I'd make my enquiries here.

Obviously with some of the patterns it would be relatively difficult to
implement the code creation aspects, but I think it would be a *big* win for
the Eclipse JDT tool.

Thanks
Gary

Back to the top