From: jca-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jca-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Frederick W Rowe <frowe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 07 June 2019 8:36 PM
To: jca-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jca-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jca-dev] Name Vote outcome

Steve,

As I commented on the git issue for this vote, since the acronym JCA isn't a trademark, what would Jim ask the PMC to discuss?  An entity can't prohibit the use of an untrademarked acronym and that entity simply stating it can't be used is irrelevant.  I think we should proceed with the name change as voted.

Regards,

Fred Rowe

WebSphere Architect for JCA/JDBC connectivity and WAS for IBM i
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Cloud
frowe@xxxxxxxxxx