2455 South Road
Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601
Phone:  845-435-9409 (t/l 295-9409)

Inactive hide details for "arjan tijms" ---12/02/2021 03:13:31 PM---Hi, Unfortunately, most have fallen off the plan, as there'"arjan tijms" ---12/02/2021 03:13:31 PM---Hi, Unfortunately, most have fallen off the plan, as there's simply too few

From: "arjan tijms" <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "jaspic developer discussions" <jaspic-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/02/2021 03:13 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaspic-dev] question about content of upcoming jakarta security specs
Sent by: "jaspic-dev" <jaspic-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Unfortunately, most have fallen off the plan, as there's simply too few people actually pushing those things forward (too few people actually providing code). Luckily we have the Open ID Connect authentication mechanism that's being ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi,

Unfortunately, most have fallen off the plan, as there's simply too few people actually pushing those things forward (too few people actually providing code). Luckily we have the Open ID Connect authentication mechanism that's being worked on/prepared for by Rudy and Payara, and I did some of the low hanging fruit regarding API refinements.

I'd really hoped to have the "authorization modules" in, especially since we prepared them in 2016 and they missed the boat in for the 1.0 release, but I'm afraid it'll miss the boat again. Only chance to get something in still is if Jakarta EE 10 is somewhat delayed (it may be) or we don't strictly keep to the deadline of 15 December for Jakarta Security.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms