[january-dev] Fwd: [ice-dev] Running org.eclipse.january.form.test (aka org.eclipse.ice.datastructures.test)

My ORNL address isn't on the January list serv, so it bounced.

Jay

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Billings, Jay Jay <billingsjj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [ice-dev] Running org.eclipse.january.form.test (aka org.eclipse.ice.datastructures.test)
To: ice developer discussions <ice-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: january developer discussions <january-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Jonah,

Yes, it is totally up to you about when we add it. If you want to add it later, that is fine. It isn't entirely unheard of for initial contributions to have compile errors though. (ICE's was completely broken, among others.)

As for the tests, that repo is now public: https://github.com/jayjaybillings/ICETests. These will work cross-platform too. They are currently used by both the ICE and EAVP builds, I think. However, they are not allowed to be stored in any Eclipse repo because the IP is worried about copyright infringement. We are allowed to use them on the build servers, but not distribute them. Once upon a time these were stored in each test folder, which was very nice, but we had to move them out because of the IP concerns.

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory