[jakartaee-tck-dev] Removing Concurrency TCK tests from platform repository

Good Afternoon,

I recently opened a PR to remove the concurrency TCK tests from the Platform TCK repository
PR 816: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/816

I did this because I helped port the Concurrency TCK tests to be a standalone project as part of the concurrency-api repository.
I have already received some feedback on the removal of the TCK from the platform repository that we need to implement some additional requirements:
1. A mechanism for repeating tests to run within an EJB and JSP class (currently only using servlets). Related Issue: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/issues/178
2. A mechanism for choosing to run tests in a Java SE vs Jakarta EE Environment. Related Issue: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/issues/179

I am working on solutions for both of these issues, but they are unlikely to be implemented until after Jakarta 10.
I was asked to send out this email by Scott Marlow to get some more feedback on removing the TCK from the platform repository, and if there is anything else that still needs to be implemented in our standalone TCK.

Thank you for your time,

KYLE JON AURE WebSphere Development Office: Roch Bldg 50-2 H220 Phone: 507-253-8454 Email: kyle.aure@xxxxxxx

Back to the top