Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Fwd: [jakarta.ee-spec.committee] [External] : Re: TCK archive format? (Consider allowing JAR or ZIP)

Scott,

We need a proposal to coalesce around, before we can contemplate when we would want to make it a recommendation or requirement.

My guess is, we couldn't do anything more than make a recommendation for EE 10. To do that, we'd need to relax the TCK requirements we have now. Relaxing the requirements will require a committee vote. If we cannot find a consensus, then we'd need all Spec groups to produce a single ZIP file and anything available via Maven would be for "convenience" -- not "normative."

This is likely only an issue for the handful of specifications that have separated their TCKs out of Jakarta EE Platform TCK in EE 10.

Long term, I believe we are all in agreement that we'd like to solve this problem so multiple downloads and test runs are not required. If a proposal doesn't gel quickly and/or the committee isn't able to act quickly to change the process, we'll just have to use the current requirements and work to solve this for a subsequent release of EE. At this point, that does seem like the probable outcome.

-- Ed