Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [faces-dev] Jakarta Faces TCK for 4.0.0

On 1/21/22 1:47 AM, Alwin Joseph wrote:

Hi Team,

We are in the process of fixing the compilation issues and test runs in Jakarta Faces TCK that is built from jakartaee-tck project repository[1]. From the current build issues it seems like below are the immediate fixes that is required for a clean build of the TCK (Issue tracked [3]).

  1. src/com/sun/ts/tests/jsf/common/statemanager/TCKStateManager.java needs to use a different constructor, as old one without arguments in StateManagerWrapper was deprecated.
  2. Below are the old classes/methods and possible replacements :
  • jakarta.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException -> jakarta.el.ELException
  • jakarta.faces.el.MethodBinding -> jakarta.el.MethodExpression
  • createMethodBinding -> createMethodExpression
  • jakarta.faces.el.ValueBinding -> jakarta.el.ValueExpression
  • createValueBinding -> createValueExpression
  • jakarta.faces.bean.ApplicationScoped -> jakarta.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped
  • jakarta.faces.bean.ManagedBean -> change to CDI bean(?)

Any suggestions and comments to fix them in [1] are welcome especially with a sample change to use CDI bean instead of ManagedBean.

Please see comment below about using [2] as sample change to use CDI bean.

Also there was a discussion some time back to create new Faces TCK and/or update the TCK to remove JSP support. Is there a new TCK that is created which contains the tests from jakartaee-tck repo and could be used as replacement for the Jakarta Faces TCK ?

I know lot of work is being done in [2] . Can this TCK be used for 4.0.0 instead of the Jakarta Faces TCK from [1] ?

From a quick look at [2] + the 4.0 CDI test source, I don't think the [2] tests are 1-1 with the current Platform TCK [1] Faces tests.  However, IMO the Platform TCK Faces 4.0 test updates could be based on the tests in [2], such as the 4.0 CDI tests.

Scott